Field Headquarters of General Raappana
The cabin on Parppeinvaara, Ilomantsi, was originally the field headquarters of Major General Erkki Raappana, the commander of the 14th division during the War. The headquarters was used for commanding the Rukajärvi battles. Raappana also commanded the defensive action in Ilomantsi, late in the summer of 1944. When the Finnish troops retreated from Eastern Karelia early in the summer of 1944, the cabin was evacuated as well.